Friday, April 07, 2006

Dead Kings and Queens...



So ends another week of mostly stress filled days, however, there are a few things to celebrate.

Firstly, I work at a wine shop, and tonight will be my return to running our weekly tasting, and there is no better way to start a Friday night than a few glasses of Caymus or Beaux Freres, not to mention the 2 Percocets my co-worker Laura left me with.

Secondly, on at least two separate evenings, very attractive girls, (different ones), approached and engaged me in flirtful conversation. The one with the darkest hair and the nicest lips said I looked like Benicio Del Toro, which IMMEDIATELY increased my interest. I am, after all, a self centered little fucker.

And finally, one of my favorite existent bands is about to release their second full length on the 16th, which means they'll be touring soon, and I hear they are nothing short of sublime in performance. The band is Espers and the record is Espers II. This album is a bit heavier than the first one, possibly due to their new home at Drag City, and actually rocks in places. At any rate, they have my vote for best Acid/Psych Folk record of the year so far, absolutely mesmerizing.

EDIT:

We appreciate that you like Espers and want to share your like with others, but we don't want people having record without paying for it - that's antithetical to what we're all doing here. This record isn't even out for another five weeks!

We would appreciate it if you would please take it down immediately. And disable the rapidshare link as well.

Thank you,

Drag City Inc.

7 Comments:

Anonymous -an eye said...

Well done.


"...Break the mesh
Of the Fancy's silken leash;
Quickly break her prison-string.--
Let the winged Fancy roam,
Pleasure never is at home."

2:26 PM  
Anonymous mort said...

Went and saw V for Vendetta with my girl. She promised to bruice me if i didn't get her a Julie London rec(she's on the soundtrack). Btw the movie's okay. And so are you. Away domestic pain. Hello 20 songs of pleasure and happy girl.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous mort said...

wow. confused? me to. I am probably on drugs. Thanks for Espers is what I meant to say

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

V for Vendetta is *FUCKING* awesome.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Drag City said...

Hey -

We appreciate that you like Espers and want to share your like with others, but we don't want people having record without paying for it - that's antithetical to what we're all doing here. This record isn't even out for another five weeks!

We would appreciate it if you would please take it down immediately. And disable the rapidshare link as well.

Thank you,

Drag City Inc.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Dr. Mayhem said...

Is there anyway you could upload the Espers other albums. I found them to be most brilliant.

4:54 AM  
Blogger mr.A said...

Thank you dude great post.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home